An End of Season evening at the club will be arranged for some time in May.
Next week we move to Summer Touch. 5:00 on Fridays. The aim of this is just fun and fitness. Parents and Sibs welcome to join in. It will be a fair weather session, and we will keep going as long as there is enthusiasm. Please respond to the teamer invites so we know whether there will be enough each week. The Laws of Touch can be found here:
- Fields or pitches should be 70M long by 50M wide with marked scorelines, sidelines and a half-way line.
- Teams consist of up to 14 players with a maximum of 6 players on the field at any time.
- Players may interchange from the side of the field as often as they wish.
- Team Captains toss and the winner starts the game with a tap at the centre of the half-way line.
- Attacking team has 6 attempts or touches before possession changes unless other rules are infringed.
- If the ball is dropped or knocked-on a change of possession occurs and the game starts with a rollball.
- Attacking players may run with the ball or pass the ball sideways or backwards until they are touched.
- If a player passes the ball forward a penalty occurs for a forward pass.
- If a player passes the ball after being touched a penalty occurs for a late pass.
- A tap on the mark is taken by non-offending team for penalties. Defending teams must retire 10M.
- A touch is any contact between the player with the ball and a defender. It must be minimum force.
- After a touch the player performs a rollball, stepping over or gently rolling the ball between the feet.
- Players cannot perform a rollball until a touch has been made or a penalty results.
- Players must perform the rollball at the mark or a penalty results.
- The attacking player who gets the ball after the rollball is the half, who can either run or pass.
- If the half gets touched a change of possession occurs and the game restarts with a rollball at the mark.
- At the rollball all defenders must retire or move backwards a minimum of 5M.
- Penalties are awarded against defenders who do not retire 5M for rollballs and 10M for taps.
- A touchdown is scored when an attacking player places the ball on or over the scoreline.
- The team that scores the most touchdowns in the game is declared the winning team.