- I was particularly pleased to note that the WildCats kept their shape for all of the game, this is something that we have worked on and it was great to see the boys remembering to do this without much prompting.
- Pressure was good on the opposition.
- Passing was excellent for most of the game, especially given the conditions.
- I was delighted the boys accepted the refereeing decisions with no comments or backchat. This is to be applauded and encouraged. We will come across many refs this season with varying interpretation of the rules by which we play. I feel it's important the boys develop the ability to alter their style of play according to the rules by which they are refereed.
- Awareness of what's in front of the player ie. playing "heads up rugby".
Training will be every Friday at 5:00.
For those who are interested, here is a link to the latest WRU Rugby Pathway which contains the rules by which we play.